(NEW) Presentations from the conference
Tue 3rd April
- HRH message of support
- Justin Albert CAT presentation Welcome to Wales
- P Begg Fit for the Future conference April 2012 National Trust and energy
- Iain McCaig Trad Buildings (No5) English Heritage – energy and sustainable buildings
- AlexPitman NT presentation Cooperative Group
- Jo Trussler Presentation Low Carbon Village
- S Holmes NT Fit for the Future Conference 2012 – S Holmes Power Point final Skills needed
- Keith EPD F4F presentation - Wales NT work so far
- 1 Caroline Pankhurst
- 3 Charis Fit for the Future CDEC 020412
- 2 Iain McIntosh LED lighting
Thursday 5th of April
- 20120327 Castle Howard Energy Savings Case Study
- Sarah Staniforth Climate change impacts on the historic environment
- G Hughes NT Conference 2012 (1)
- Seacams Keith Jones 2012
- fit for future rob j FINAL
videos to follow – John Vidal and Jonathon Porritt
(NEW) forwarding instructions for the Conference
‘FIT FOR THE FUTURE’ SUSTAINABILITY CONFERENCE
This Conference will:
- Improve Conservation and Environmental Performance, by providing staff, tenants and external partners with good information through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and site visits.
- Showcase the wide-ranging work of the National Trust in relation to sustainable energy projects.
- Raise awareness, through sharing information, both internally and externally of the potential uses of sustainable energy and technology.
- Share, through case studies, experience gained so far in the avoidance of pitfalls, and by demonstrating best practice in sustainable energy projects.
- Develop and empower our staff in order to deliver locally appropriate solutions.
- Enable and inspire all participants involved with potential sustainability decisions to reduce their carbon footprint through quick wins, thereby ensuring efficiency and value for money.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org on 01793 817 497
for more details.
DAY 1: Back to Basics: small-scale schemes, getting the basics right, making savings and understanding behaviours, sharing best practice and avoiding pitfalls.
DAY 2: Site visits – see it in action. Site visits to 2 NT sites (Hafod y Llan / Craflwyn in Snowdonia and Llanerchaeron in Ceredigion, plus tours of CAT site
DAY 3: The Big Picture: energy strategy and climate-change; large-scale projects
Anything to add? Please feel free to comment below if there are other areas of the draft reforms you’d like to clarify. And you can join the conversation with us about the National Trust being fit for the future on Twitter (@walesepa) using the #fit4futureResources