Not so much doing the work but sharing what we have learnt
- Monday and a chat with Grant Piesely from Gwynedd Werdd on our progress to date and how our community energy work could gain from working at a more county strategic approach
- Tue Morning and filming with the BBC to look at the political challenges and progress of developing the Green economy in Wales. Afternoon and hydro tours with NT lawyers to show and tell. Meet the communities, see the projects and understand the challenges for the charity of this ‘new’ opportunity and work.
- Wed and 200 people guided around the renewable energy projects at Hafod y llan. seeing under the bonnet, meeting the team, suppliers, contractors and communities
- Thursday – all day with Laura Shack (another person drafted in to raise awareness and share as we learn) We also had a the renewable energy manager from National Trust for Scotland down looking at how we approach the development of renewable energy systems
- Fri Morning with Welsh Government to look at opportunities for strategic development but also to see where we are going in the short to medium term. Afternoon and filming again with the Welsh Language Farming program “Ffermio” Nice afternoon filming hydros and looking at what the opportunities and challenges were
This sharing takes time but is essential if the renewable energy sector is to be ‘normalised’ and becomes the first option for energy and sustainability rather than the green bolt on and the reserve of specialists
Oh and Tue we have a Cameraman over at Hafod y Llan filming the Hafod y Llan hydro!